The BBB project goals and actions:
- Help improve the wellbeing of the families who use the BBB
- Contribute to the reduction of food poverty/food insecurity via the ‘Pay As You Feel’ shop
- Help improve nutritional intake
- Increase parental involvement and engagement in ways that suit them (e.g. buying from the Pay As You Feel shop, volunteering with food growing aspects of the projects etc.)
- To share lessons learnt with the next phase of BBB installation
- To develop learning resources that will ensure BBBs become a focal point for experiential learning about food – nutrition, cooking and growing.
- Measurably reduce food waste
- Children will become more confident and literate about the connections between food, nature and the economy
- Children and families will develop a solid level of food literacy and confidence around how to process, cook, and use food as a foundation for health through experiential learning.
- Children will have an improved awareness of the benefits and potential of relocalising food production and distribution
- Children will build enterprise skills though real-world learning, providing an authentic context to enable Curriculum for Wales, Rights Respecting Schools aims, Future Generation and Wellbeing Goals, Health Schools, United Nations SDGs and Eco Schools.
Get in Touch!
Tel: 01656 754870